Join Radicle to Access the Best in Ag & Food tech Innovation
Key hurdles in ag and food tech funding
We identified two key hurdles in ag and food tech funding – the funding gap itself (in 2018 $5B was invested in food and agtech compared to $23B in health tech and $36B in fintech) and the lack of capital for entrepreneurs. The median seed round for ag and food tech entrepreneurs is $1.5M and it’s not enough to carry entrepreneurs forward and sufficiently develop their product and technology. Trying to raise money becomes a distraction from product development.
What did we do to solve these issues?
We pioneered the Radicle Challenge concept to accelerate the development of technology in the ag and food sectors. This isn’t just a big check and pictures with handshakes on stage at a Pitch Day competition, this is finding the very best tech solutions solving the pain points today’s farmers are faced with and providing those entrepreneurs with a custom company-building program to provide the coaching and connections to allow their technologies to take off. We invest meaningful amounts of capital in those companies (typically $250k to $1M) and work alongside the entrepreneurs to reach key milestones and ensure their success.
We aren’t just investing in companies, we are transforming them. We aren’t a traditional VC, accelerator or incubator, we are a company-building platform.
Where do you come in?
We’ve partnered with Nutrien, Corteva, Bayer, World Agri-Tech, OurCrowd, Start-Up Nation Central and others on these challenges. We’ve identified the niche technical areas they’d like to see innovation in, or focused our search for top agtech innovators to specific geographies based on the priorities of our partners and the market. We work together to drive applications, review the submissions and host an event where the finalists pitch in front of a panel of world-class judges.
This is the chance for companies of all sizes to have a front row seat to innovation, to making meaningful investments in the technologies that will shape the future of ag and food and to play a mentorship role to the winners.
- Access to all deal flow and ‘Big Data’ analytics on those companies. Both quantitative and qualitative data is captured on all deals: raise amount, paid-in-capital, valuations, etc.
- Due diligence of top companies
- Company recognition on all marketing materials (PR, Email Campaigns, Website, Social Posts) and Radicle’s management of all aspects of the program (project planning, marketing and promotion, deal sourcing, event planning, deal flow analysis and due diligence)
- No execution risks – Radicle does all the heavy lifting
- Sponsors’ key executives participate in the final selection of the winners at the pitch day event
- Optional ongoing investment opportunity