The following are some of the most common questions we receive from applicants and potential applicants of our Challenges. If you have any other questions, please direct them to: Damaris Mozo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’ve applied for a previous Radicle Challenge and didn’t win, am I eligible to apply again?
Yes. We’d love for you to apply again. Anyone who has not previously won a Radicle Challenge is eligible to re-apply as long as your technology is a fit for the search of the Challenge.
- What types of technologies are you looking for?
If you are doing anything innovative in the carbon space, we want to hear from you! We are looking for all technologies around carbon sequestration and abatement. We are really relying on you, the entrepreneur, to share with us your creative, innovative solutions to reducing carbon in the production of our food. All technologies will be reviewed and considered as long as there is an application to reduce or sequester carbon.
- What are the requirements to apply?
Companies of any size, anywhere in the world are eligible to apply. The key requirement is that there must be a $100k investment to date either in cash or in-kind in the applicant’s company or technology to be eligible for funding through this Challenge. Note this can be an in-kind contribution.
- I am a student. Can I apply?
Yes. Student innovators are eligible to apply for a Radicle Challenge but investments are made in formed companies, so the innovation would need to result in a formed company for an investment to be made.
- I’ve already submitted my application and our business has hit a new milestone, received an industry accolade, launched a new product, etc., can I update my application to include this?
Once an application is submitted, it cannot be updated or modified. However, we would like to hear from you, so please email us at email@example.com.
- Some of the information in my application is confidential, can I ensure that all of the information I submit will remain confidential?
Everything that is contained in your application will only be seen/reviewed by the committee performing due diligence to select the finalists and the judges deliberating on the winners (if you become a finalist). All information contained in the application is considered confidential, however, we urge you only to submit information that you feel is appropriate to evaluate your application.
- What are the terms of the investment?
Terms of our investments are negotiated with finalists ahead of the Pitch Day competition and will be normal and customary terms and conditions for a venture investment.
- When will finalists be notified? Will companies who are not chosen as finalists be notified as well?
After the applications close, we will perform several months of due diligence work on the applications that come in from around the world. We will reach out for more information from companies that are on our shortlist of top applicants as soon as we are able. More information will be provided shortly regarding finalists announcements and the actual date of the virtual event.